|作者：HMYYYY 文章来源：本站原创 点击数 更新时间：2016-10-12 文章录入：admin 责任编辑：admin|
1. The teacher asked me if I know________ the machine.
A. how to operate B. to operate
C. operating D. how operating
2. Xiao Li happened________ outside the station when I got off the bus.
A. to stand B. standing
C. to be standing D. stood
3. ________to hospital in time, the wounded soldiers were saved at last.
A. Taken B. Taking
C. Having taken D. To take
4. —How did you get to the airport?
—I got Charlie________ me there.
A. drove B. drive
C. driving D. to drive
5.—Do you have any clothes________, sir?
—No, thanks, I had my wife ________ this morning.
A. to wash; wash B. to be washed; wash
C. washing; wash D. to wash; washed
6. ________ in the rain, he was wet through.
A. Having caught B. Having been caught
C. catching D. Having been catching
7. —To buy the IBM PC 686 means ________ a lot of money.
—Really? I don’t mean ________ much money.
A. to waste; to waste B. wasting; wasting
C. wasting; to waste D. to waste; wasting
8. —Where is Gorge? He said he would meet me here at 3.
—He seems ________with Mr. Smith in the office.
A. to talk B. to be talking
C. to have talked D. talking
9. —Hello, don’t you think my car is nice?
—Yes, it is, but would you please ________on the sidewalk?
A. not to park it B. not park it
C. not to get it parked D. not get it parking
10.—Are all telephone numbers ________ in the directory?
—Yes, all ________ Jane’s.
A. listed; included B. listing; includes
C. listed; including D. being listed; being included
11. Everything________ into consideration, they ought to have another chance.
A. to take B. taken
C. to be taken D. taking
12. Tony was very unhappy for ________ to the party.
A. having not been invited B. not having invited
C. having not invited D. not having been invited
13. What worried the child most was ________ to visit his mother in the hospital.
A. his not allowing B. his not being allowed
C. his being not allowed D. having not been allowed
14. I suggested the problem ________ as soon as possible.
A. referred to being solved B. referred be solved
C. referred to be solved D. referred should be solved
15. While shopping, people sometimes can’t help _____ into buying something they don’t really need.
A. to persuade B. persuading
C. being persuaded D. be persuaded
16. To master a foreign language, ______.
A. the school needs a foreign teacher
B. a good teacher is needed
C. a lot of practice is needed
D. one must have a lot of practice
17. If they don’t understand it the first time, _____ over it again until they do.
A. going B. to go
C. gone D. go
18. Before going abroad he devoted all he could ________ his oral English.
A. improve B. to improve
C. improving D. to improving
19. Hearing the news, he rushed out, ______ the book ______ on the table and disappeared into the distance.
A. left; lain open B. leaving; lying open
C. leaving; lie opened D. left; lay opened
20 The old professor told us every part of the materials should be made use of ______ the power station.
A. to build B. building
C. build D. built
21. The theory he sticks to ______ to be of no use in our studies.
A. proves B. prove
C. proving D. be proved
22. The result what he said would lead _____ his regret in the future.
A. is B. to be
C. to being D. to was
23. Though I have often heard this song _______. I have never heard you _______ it.
A. being sung, sang B. sang, singing
C. sung, sing D. to be sung, to sing
24. He is a man of few words, and seldom speaks until _______ to.
A. spoken B. speaking
C. speak D. be spoken
25. When I handed the report to John, he said that George was the person _______.
A. to send B. for sending it
C. to send it to D. for sending it to
26. _______ on time, this medicine will be quite effective.
A. Taking B. Being taken
C. Taken D. Having taken
27. The film star walked to his car, ______ a crowd of journalists.
A. followed by B. following by
C. to follow D. to be followed by
28. —Let me tell you something about the journalists.
—Don’t you remember____ me the story yesterday?
A. told B. telling
C. to tell D. to have told
29. Which do you enjoy _____your weekend, swimming or fishing?
A. spending B. being spent
C. spend D. to spend
30. He made up his mind to devote his life _____pollution _____happily.
A. to prevent; to live B. to prevent; from living
C. to preventing; to live D. to preventing; from living