|作者：龙 楠 文章来源：www.yygrammar.com 点击数 更新时间：2008-05-21 文章录入：admin 责任编辑：admin|
1. Sales of CDs have greatly increased since the early 1990s, when people ________ to enjoy the advantages of this new technology.
A. begin B. began
C. have begun D. had begun
2. Turn on the television or open a magazine and you ________ advertisements showing happy families.
A. will often see B. often see
C. are often seeing D. have often seen
3. —I hear Jane has gone to the Holy Island for her holiday.
—Oh, how nice! Do you know when she ________?
A. was leaving B. had left
C. has left D. left
4. —What were you doing when Tony phoned you?
—I had just finished my work and________ to take a shower.
A. had started B. started
C. have started D. was starting
5. I ________ you not to move my dictionary—now I can’t find it.
A. asked B. ask
C. was asking D. had asked
6. —Has Sam finished his homework today?
—I have no idea. He ________ it this morning.
A. did B. has done
C. was doing D. had done
7. —What’s that terrible noise?
—The neighbors ________ for a party.
A. have prepared B. are preparing
C. prepare D. will prepare
8. Now that she is out of a job, Lucy ________ going back to school, but she hasn’t decided yet.
A. had considered B. has been considering
C. considered D. is going to consider
9. The teacher, with 6 girls and 8 boys of her class, ________ visiting a museum when the earthquake struck.
A. was B. were
C. had been D. would be
10. The discussion ________ alive when an interesting topic was brought in.
A. was coming B. had come
C. has come D. came
11. Because the shop ________ , all the T-shirts are sold at half price.
A. has closed down B. closed down
C. is closing down D. had closed down
12. Let’s keep to the point or we ________ any decisions.
A. will never reach B. have never reached
C. never reach D. never reached
13. My mind wasn’t on what he was saying so I’m afraid I ________ half of it.
A. was missing B. had missed
C. will miss D. missed
14. It is said in the book that Thomas Edison (1847—1931) ________ the world-leading inventor for sixty years.
A. would be B. has been
C. had been D. was
15. —You were out when I dropped in at your house.
—Oh, I ________ for a friend from England at the airport.
A. was waiting B. had waited
C. am waiting D. has waited