|debt of gratitude前后如何搭配？|
|作者：李 翔 文章来源：本站原创 点击数 更新时间：2013-03-12 文章录入：李翔 责任编辑：admin|
debt of gratitude前后如何搭配？
本站特约作者 李 翔
Renzhi Li (李韧之 汕头大学外文系教授)主编 Modality in English and Chinese: a Typological Perspenctive (Antwerp, 2003)之“Acknowledgements“有这样一句话：I have specific debts of gratitude for Dr. Johan van der Auwera for his continuous encouragement, critical comments, and luminous directions.
然而, have specific debts of gratitude for sb. for sth. 却是不符合英美语言习惯的Chinglish, 在英美语中习惯用法是owe a debt of gratitude to sb. for sth.，实际上，已经成了一个idiom，只是有时在debt之前加上一个形容词。
首先，请看收录包含debt of gratitude例句的词典:
1.《牛津高阶英汉双解词典》(第7版)(商务印书馆 ) p515:
debt 3.[C, usually sing. ] the fact that you should feel grateful to sb because they have helped you or been kin d to you. 人情债；情意；恩情 : to owe a debt of gratitude to sb 欠某人的情
2. Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary © Oxford University Press, 2010 ( 8th edition光盘版):
debt 3 [ countable , usually singular ] the fact that you should feel grateful to sb because they have helped you or been kind to you
to owe a debt of gratitude to sb
3. Oxford Collocations Dictionary for Students of English (2nd edition © Oxford University Press, 2009)(光盘版):
debt noun 3 sth that you owe sb
owe a ~ of gratitude to sb
We owe a great ~ of gratitude to our families for their support.
4. Evadne Adrian-Vallance 《朗文高级英语应试辞典》Longman Exams Dictionary (2006年2月 光盘版):
debt noun 4 debt of gratitude / thanks the fact of being grateful to someone who has helped you: I owe a debt of gratitude to my tutors.
5. Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English 第5版(光盘版):
debt noun 4 debt of gratitude/thanks the fact of being grateful to someone who has helped you :
I owe a debt of gratitude to my tutors.
6. Macmillan English Dictionary for Advanced Learners (CD-ROM 2nd Edition. CD-ROM © Macmillan Publishers Limited 2007):
debt 2[singular]an obligation to be grateful to someone because they have done something for you
owe a debt of gratitude to someone: I owe a debt of gratitude to my father, who has always supported me.
7. Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary (3rd Edition 光盘版) : debt acknowledge/ owe a debt (of gratitude) to sb/sth
8. 刘世同主编《全新多用当代英汉双解大词典》( 学苑出版社 2002年2 月第2版 )p329: I owe him a debt of gratitude for all he has done for me. 我欠他一笔曾帮我的人情债。（注：根据简清国主编《建宏外研社英汉多功能词典》(外语与教学研究出版社1997年1月第1版)P10 60:(因……事，由某人)受到恩惠 [owe+名(人)+名]=[owe+名++to名(人)]可知: I owe him a debt of gratitude for all he has done for me.= I owe a debt of gratitude to him for all he has done for me.下同）
I owe my publishers a special debt of gratitude.