|作者：HMX 文章来源：本站原创 点击数 更新时间：2012-06-06 文章录入：admin 责任编辑：admin|
7. It is hard for me to imagine what I would be doing today if I ____ in love, at the age of seven, with the Melinda Cox Library in my hometown.
A. wouldn’t have fallen B. had not fallen
C. should fall D. were to fall
8. He hesitated for a moment before kicking the ball, otherwise he ____ a goal.
A. had scored B. scored
C. would score D. would have scored
9. If only he _______ quietly as the doctor instructed, he would not suffer so much now.
A. lies B. lay
C. had lain D. should lie
10. Without the air to hold some of the sun’s heat, the earth at night ____ for us to live.
A. would be freezing cold B. will be freezing coldly
C. would be frozen cold D. can freeze coldly
11. Yesterday, Jane walked away from the discussion. Otherwise, she ____ something she would regret later.
A. had said B. said
C. might say D. might have said
12. You didn’t let me drive. If we ____ in turn, you ____ so tired.
A. drove; didn’t get B. drove; wouldn’t get
C. were driving; wouldn’t get D. had driven; wouldn’t have got
13. When a pencil is partly in a glass of water, it looks as if it ______.
A. breaks B. has broken
C. were broken D. had been broken
14. But for the help you gave me, I _______ the examinations.
A. would have passed B. would pass
C. wouldn’t have passed D. wouldn’t pass
1. 选B。It’s time you did 为 It’s time you thanked Aunt Lucy for her present 之略。按照英语语法，it’s time 后从句通常要用过去式。
2. 选A。虽然前有虚拟条件句, 后有使用了虚拟语气的宾语，但 I don’t know 却宜用一般现在时，因为 I don’t know 表述的是现在的真实情况，句意为“我要不是有幸遇到你，我真不知(指现在不知)我会做出什么蠢事来”。
3. 选B。I’d rather 后接从句时，从句谓语的时态规律是：用过去式表示现在或将来，用过去完成式表示过去。
4. 选A。we can’t get there by tomorrow 为客观事实，故宜用陈述语气。
5. 选B。第一空填 knew，因为 I wish 后的宾语从句要用虚拟语气(即用过去式表示现在的想法)；第二空要填lives，即用陈述语气，因为 where he lives 是一个客观事实，而不是 I wish 的内容。
6. 选C。It’s time… / It’s high time… / It’s about time… 等后接从句时，从句谓语通常用过去式。
7. 选 B。此题涉及错综时间虚拟条件句，主句与现在事实相反，条件句与过去事实相反。句意为：要不是在七岁时就迷上了 Melinda Cox 图书馆，我真不能想像我如今会在做什么。
8. 选 D。这是otherwise 引出的含蓄虚拟语气，再根据前面的 hesitated 可进一步知道这是与过去事实相反的虚拟语气，由此可推知答案选 D。(www.yygrammar.com)
9. 选 C。if only 意为“要是……就好了”，其后的句子谓语要用虚拟语气，同时根据 as the doctor instructed 中的过去时态可知从句是与过去事实相反，故选 C。
10. 选 A。without 引出的介词短语为一个与现在事实相反的含蓄条件句。
11. 选 D。otherwise 在此相当于 if she had not walked away from the discussion，即暗示一个与过去事实相反的虚拟条件句。