|作者：HMGREEN 文章来源：本站原创 点击数： 更新时间：2019-08-26||
1. After a long walk, the little boy got home at last, _____.
A. tiredly and hungrily B. tiring and hungry
C. tired and hungrily D. tired and hungry
2. We can work wonders so long as we try our best, that is, we can make _____.
A. impossible possible B. the impossible possible
C. possible impossible D. the possible impossible
3. — Now that you like the house so much, why not buy it?
—Well. I can’t afford _____house.
A. that big a B. a that big C. that a big D. a big that
4. What he said sounds______.
A. nicely B. pleasantly C. friendly D. wonderfully
5. In the middle of the room stands a _____table.
A. beautiful wooden round B. round wooden beautiful
C. wooden round beautiful D. beautiful round wooden
6.—Are you satisfied with what he did?
—No, it couldn’t have been _____.
A. worse B. better C. so bad D. the worse
7.—Do you think the weather is good enough for a picnic?
—Yes, you couldn’t hope _____at this time of the year.
A. for a nicer day B. a nice day C. for a nice day D. a nicer day
8. I think whoever makes _____contributions to the company than others should get _____income.
A. greater; the higher B. more greater; a higher
C. greater; the highest D. more greater; the higher
9. —What about the population of Hangzhou?
—The population of Hangzhou is _____than that of Shanghai.
A. much more B. a lot smaller C. many more D. far larger
10. The Chinese Education Department suggests teachers should receive _____education to catch up with the _____development.
A. farther; late B. farther; later
C. further; lately D. further; latest
11. —Why didn’t you go to the cinema last night?
—It was something _____interesting.
A. far less B. more or less C. much more D. as much as
12. He knows little of mathematics, _____of chemistry.
A. as well as B. no less than C. still less D. no more than
13. —The dish is delicious!
—Well, at least it’s _____the one I cooked yesterday.
A. as bad as B. as well as C. not better than D. no worse than
14. Mr Evens is _____wise than smart. Few people can solve such a problem.
A. no less B. no more C. less D. more
15. The area of Beijing city is about _____that of New York.
A. four times as much as B. as four times large as
C. as four times greater than D. four times as big as
16.______ the temperature, ________water turns into steam.
A. The high, the fast B. Higher, faster
C. The more higher, the faster D. The higher, the faster
17. Whoever has _____sense knows that smoking is harmful to people’s health.
A. normal B. general C. ordinary D. common
18. —What do you think of the work Tom has done recently?
—I feel _____that the work shouldn’t have been done so carelessly.
A. directly B. strongly C. hardly D. badly
19.—The paint on the equipment _____has to dry for another two days.
—Yes, I doubt if the painters have read the direction _____.
A. also; still B. yet; already C. still; yet D. even; yet
20. I said it _____as a joke. Don’t take it serious.
A. particularly B. possibly C. merely D. gently
21. The speaker said _____nothing worth listening.
A. nearly B. mostly C. almost D. possibly
22. He was so excited that he could say nothing but hold his sister’s hand firmly. His sister said nothing, either, _____tears coming into her face.
A. surprising B. surprised C. exciting D. excited
23. The second-hand car she bought was almost new; _____, it was in good condition.
A. however B. besides C. though D. therefore
24. —You don’t seem to be quite yourself today. What’s wrong?
—Oh, I’m suffering from a cold. Nothing serious, _____.
A. yet B. indeed C. though D. anyway
25. I live all _____but I never feel _____.
A. lonely; alone B. alone; lonely C. alone; alone D. lonely; lonely
26. 21 st Century School Edition is _____a newspaper. It helps us to improve our English a lot.
A. more than B. less than C. no more than d. no less than
1. D。句中tired and hungry= and he was tired and hungry
2. B。the impossible指“不可能的事”，又如，the unexpected出乎意料的事；possible在句中作the impossible的补足语。
3. A。口语中that / this=so(如此、这么)。
4. C。sound是系动词，后接形容词作表语。friendly, lovely等虽以ly结尾，但却是形容词。
8. C。more不可修饰比较级，排除B和D。greater…than others是最高级意义，后面也用最高级。
9. B。population不与many, few等搭配，而要与large, small连用，常识告诉我们杭州人口比上海少得多，因此用small。
10. D。只有表示实际距离的远，才可用farther(此时也可用further)，否则就用further。further education进修。late迟的；later后来；lately=recently近来；latest最新的。
12. C。still / even / much less更不用说、更何况。
13. D。“至少和我昨天煮的一样味道好。”not+比较级+than表示前者不如后者；no+比较级+than表示前者和后者一样不…。no worse than=as good as。请比较：(1) Tom’s not taller than John.=Tom’s not as tall as John. (2) Tom’s no taller than John.=Neither Tom nor John is tall.=Tom’s as short as John.
15. D。倍数的表达：four times as big as=four times bigger than=four times the size of。
17. D。common sense常识。general(总的、普遍的)，normal(正常的、正常状态), ordinary(普通的), common(常见的、共同的)。
18. B。I feel strongly that…=I firmly believe that…我坚信…；directly直接，马上；hardly刚刚，几乎不；badly不好，非常。
20. C。merely=only, simply仅、只不过；particularly=especially尤其、特别地；gently温柔地、轻轻地。
21. C。在no, nobody, none, nothing, never之前，只用almost(实际上、简直)。mostly多半。
23. D。therefore=for that reason因此；howerer然而、无论多么；besides而且、还有。
26. A。句中more than=not only不只是。此外，它还有“多于(=over)”“非常(=very, extremely)”等意。又如He was more than pleased.他十二分高兴。
|| 网站地图 | 版权申明 | 设为首页 | 加入收藏 | 会员中心 | 取回密码 | 友情链接 | 用户留言 | 管理登录|