|作者：superen 文章来源：本站原创 点击数： 更新时间：2017/2/9||
1. It is no ______ arguing with Bill because he will never change his mind.
A. use B. help C. time D. way
2. Put the ______ of your tongue against your upper teeth when you produce the sound.
A. tip B. top C. peak D. pole
3. It is said that dogs will keep you _______ for as long as you want when you are feeling lonely.
A. safety B. company C. house D. friend
4. —You are always full of ______. Can you tell me the secret?
—Taking plenty of exercise every day.
A. power B. strength C. force D. energy
5. Despite such a big difference in ______ towards what one eats, there is no doubt that people in the west regard the Chinese food as something special.
A. point B. idea C. attitude D. sight
6. I can’t say which wine is best—it’s a(n) ______ of personal taste.
A. affair B. event C. matter D. variety
7. One thousand dollars a month is not a fortune but would help cover my living ______.
A. bills B. expenses C. prices D. charges
8. Of the seven days in a week, Saturday is said to be the most popular ______ for a wedding in some countries.
A. way B. situation C. event D. choice
9. The _______ on his face told me that he was angry.
A. impression B. sight C. appearance D. expression
A. states B. conditions C. situations D. positions
11. — If you like I can do some shopping for you.
— That’s a very kind _______.
A. offer B. service C. point D. suggestion
12. I am sure David will be able to find the library—he has a pretty good _____ of direction.
A. idea B. feeling C. experience D. sense
13. Bill was doing a lot of physical exercise to build up his_____.
A. ability B. force C. strength D. mind
14. My ______ of this weekend’s activity is going out with some good friends.
A. idea B. opinion C. mind D. thought
15. The head office of the bank is in
A. companies B. branches C. organizations D. businesses
16. She could not speak English, but made her wishes known by means of _____.
A. signs B. sighs C. movements D. words
17. In my opinion, what he told us just now about the affair simply doesn’t make any _____.
A. idea B. meaning C. sense D. point
18. But the unpleasant feeling of coldness disappeared at the _____of teenage students pouring out of their classroom to give him a warm, wordless welcome.
A. view B. scene C. sight D. sign
19. The need for an operation, especially an immediate operation, almost always comes as a _____ to the patient and his family.
A. shock B. surprise C. happiness D. disappointment
20. I’d like to try that coat on, for I don’t know if it is my _____.
A. shape B. model C. design D. size
21. Shelly had prepared carefully for her English examination so that she could be sure of passing it on her first _____.
A. intention B. attempt C. purpose D. desire
22. I knew I shouldn’t accept anything from such a person, but I found it difficult to turn down his _____.
A. offer B. suggestion C. request D. plan
23. The rescue team spared no _____in search of the missing climbers from the great university, but ended in vain.
A. energy B. force C. efforts D. labour
24. It’s bad _____to stare at people or point to people with your fingers.
A. ways B. methods C. manners D. means
25. —Let’s try operating the machine right now.
—Wait. Better read the _____first.
A. instructions B. explanations C. information D. introduction
26. In that _____, you’ll have to work much harder.
A. accident B. case C. choice D. cause
27. —How much if I want to take one?
—You can take as many as you like because they are free of ____.
A. cost B. charge C. money D. pay
28. Mary and I have been out of _____ for years. Believe it or not, we haven’t seen each other since high school.
A. sight B. mind C. reach D. touch
29. —Mr. Smith has been teaching English in
—It’s no _____ he can speak Chinese so well.
A. matter B. doubt C. wonder D. problem
30. —I’m sorry I stepped outside for a smoke. I was very tired.
—There is no _______ for this while you are on duty.
A. reason B. excuse C. cause D. explanation
|| 网站地图 | 版权申明 | 设为首页 | 加入收藏 | 会员中心 | 取回密码 | 友情链接 | 用户留言 | 管理登录|