|作者：xsyyb(05… 文章来源：本站原创 点击数： 更新时间：2015/10/3||
英语中的集合名词，有些只表示复数意义，如police, people, cattle 等；有些只表示单数意义，如clothing, poetry, baggage / luggage, furniture, machinery, scenery, jewellery, equipment 等；有些既可表示单数意义（视为整体）也可表示复数意义（考虑其中的个体），如family, team, class, crowd, government, crew, committee, audience 等。
正：The police are looking into the cause of the accident.
误：The police is looking into the cause of the accident.
正：All the furniture has to be moved out before you clean the rug.
误：All the furniture have to be moved out before you clean the rug.
正：These young people each have a different point of view.
误：These young people each has a different point of view.
说明：句子真正的主语是 these young people，而不是 each。
当句子主语后面接有 in addition to, with, along with, together with, except, but等介词引出的短语时，其后的谓语动词形式取决介词前主语，而与介词短语中的名词无关。如：
正：No one except my parents knows anything about this.
误：No one except my parents know anything about this.
正：Part of what he says is true; the rest is not.
误：Part of what he says is true; the rest are not.
正：All of the rooms have private baths, and most have radios and TV.
误：All of the rooms have private baths, and most has radios and TV.
英语中有些特殊结构，它们虽然意义是复数，但习惯上要用配单数谓语动词，其中最典型的是“many a +名词”和“more than one +名词”这两个结构。如：
Many a child was playing there. 很多小孩在那儿玩。
More than one student has failed the exam. 不止一个学生考试未及格。
1. The goods that you ordered _______ (have) arrived in the store.
2. The headmaster said that the teacher rather than the students _______ (be) to blame.
4. Some guests are already here and the rest _______ (be) coming.
5. A few people were killed in the fire, but most _______ (be) saved.
6. All the machinery in the factory _______ (be) made in
7. I was told that his children as well as his wife _______ (be) invited to the party.
8. Many a mother _______ (try) to act out her unrealized dreams through her daughter.
参考答案：1. have 2. was 3. is 4. are 5. were 6. is 7. were 8. tries
|| 网站地图 | 版权申明 | 设为首页 | 加入收藏 | 会员中心 | 取回密码 | 友情链接 | 用户留言 | 管理登录|