|作者：李翔 文章来源：本站原创 点击数： 更新时间：2013/11/21||
11. That is an approximate notion. As you come closer to a massive object, the distortion of space becomes larger, and as you go further away, it becomes smaller and smaller.
12. AN OLD RUSSIAN SATELLITE Drifting away from us the old Russian satellite becomes smaller and smaller.
13. Pretty much so, because what the Russians do, they never unintelligible becomes smaller and smaller and smaller and now, when they sort of fix the deal, the tanks are in the city.
14. While we still have a skilled manufacturing work force in the United States, the skilled portion of it is becoming smaller and smaller, and there's a greater degree of insecurity in manufacturing than exists before.
15. Even horseshoe-shaped stairs left room for escape, but what can I do now when descending stairs have surrounded me on all sides, when my own space is becoming smaller and smaller?
16.…, A.J., Lev and Bear watch Harry becoming smaller and smaller on the asteroid.
17. He stood up and up and up until he must crash through the wooden overhead, and he was shrinking, becoming smaller and smaller and smaller until an ant might step on him and never notice.
从以上可以看出，在美国英语中become 和bigger and bigger搭配的例句与become 与 smaller and smaller搭配的例句之比为12:17。即become 和 smaller and smaller搭配的频率是become 和bigger and bigger的几乎一样。
▲查The CORPUS OF CONTEMPORAY AMERICAN ENGLISH (1990-2012) (Mark Davies, Brigham Young University) http://www.americancorpus.org/：
——共有 30个grow 与bigger and bigger搭配的例句：
1. Blizzard flies and the dog's eyes grow bigger and bigger.
2. The problem, they contend, is that the gap between payroll taxes and benefits will grow bigger and bigger over the next 75 years.
3. you shouldn't really rest just because you make profit (UNINTELLIGIBLE) dedicated people to do their job all the time to be able to continue and sustain growth and to be able to make this airline grow bigger and bigger.
4. You know what you always tell me if you don't let it out, it'll just grow bigger and bigger until it consumes you.
5. She picked a knot in the floor and stared at it, letting it grow bigger and bigger in her eyes, hearing every silent sound a little dark spot in the wood makes.
6. Larger planetesimals have enough gravity to hold onto almost any object they collide with and to reign extra stuff in, so they grow bigger and bigger.
7. If this continues, the loophole will grow bigger and bigger with each disaster.
9. The divide between the trained and the untrained will grow bigger and bigger.
10. With his invincible credit card, he vanquishes shopkeepers for her along Rodeo Drive, scooping up every item in sight as Roberts's smiles (and eyes) grow bigger and bigger.
|| 网站地图 | 版权申明 | 设为首页 | 加入收藏 | 会员中心 | 取回密码 | 友情链接 | 用户留言 | 管理登录|